Sunday, September 19, 2010

Alexandra is 9 months old! September 20, 2010



My dear sweet beautiful wonderful Alexandra!
Today you are 9 months old! I can't believe it! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were just a tiny little thing and now look at you! You are developing into such a wonderful little baby! You are now 39 weeks old, and you have been outside my tummy as long as you were inside. On the one hand, it seems like such a short time, but on the other, it seems like so long-I wonder how I had the patience to wait so long to meet you!

A lot has happened this month!
You and Daddy went on your first adventure along together-he took you to his go-karting event with SCMM! Lisa was so nice to watch you while you raced! She's really good with you and you had a good time as you can see from this photo!


You got your 8th tooth! Your teeth have been coming in so quickly and you now have four on top and four on the bottom! You enjoy biting and sucking on things like tags and you are quick to find the tags on lots of items! Here you are chewing on the big tag on the boppy!

You are still in our room in your pack and play. You start out the night here after you fall asleep after nursing. You usually wake up about 12pm-1am, by bolting upright, sometimes before you are even completely awake and crying (see the picture below) and I bring you into bed with me to nurse-I can go to sleep easily then and you sleep so much better when you are in bed with us! We both like it as well! We recently decided to try and have you sleep in your crib for the first part of the night when you usually sleep in your park n play, but you aren't having it! We tried a few nights and the first night you did ok, but after that, as soon as I put you down in the crib, you wake up! I think the mattress is different, the smell is different, the view is different (you've got to get used to seeing the slats on your crib instead of the mesh on the pack n play!) and this all scares you a bit and you don't want to go back to sleep once you realize this isn't your normal bed! We'll keep trying!

We are spending more time in your room to get you more familiar with your space! I think this will help you feel more comfortable with your bed too! You enjoy standing up in your crib and you like to peep at me through the slats and over the top when I put you in there to get you used to it! Like I said, we'll keep trying and eventually you'll be ready! I'm in no rush to get you out of our room! I love how tiny you look in this photo of you in your big crib! Even as big as you are getting, you are still tiny and that makes me happy! At the same time, I can't believe that you are standing up! You needed me to life your head just a few short months ago, and now you can get around and stand up on your own!

We've started giving you more room to roam! I washed the bathroom floor and the mats and you now hang out here, usually with a basket of toys, while I take my shower! You used to hang out in your bouncy seat, but once you could sit up on your own, there was no keeping you in the seat! You are quite happy to play here on the floor, and you usually stay close to the shower, sometimes pulling up on the side of the tub! It's very cute! Below you are hanging out in the bathroom with me in the morning.

We got back together with some of the moms and babies from our Mom's group this month! It was so much fun to see them all! All of the babies have grown so much, and I really enjoyed seeing all the moms and catching up!
You had a lot of fun and enjoyed your very first time in the pool!
Below are all the babies that attended-
Hudson, Amelia, Vivian, Katie, Nathan, you, Diana.

Your Daddy is doing a great job of watching you in the evenings and on the weekends that I work! He loves you so much and loves caring for you! Here he is brushing your hair after a bath!
I'm loving this view! Seeing you starting to crawl up my leg and standing up is so sweet! I know it won't be long before I see this often as you start toddling around all the time! I'm loving watching you discover new things and capabilities and learn about the world-but I also wish you could just stay small forever! These moments of you being tiny are so wonderful and so fleeting! I'm lucky that you are still a tiny little girl and will be small-I don't know if you'll like this when you are older, but I'm enjoying it now! You are the perfect size for me!

Everyday, my love for you just grows and grows! Just when I think it's not possible to love you more, you make my heart expand and stretch some more in ways I didn't know it could! You are just so wonderful! I'm looking forward to the rest of your first year and all the adventures we will have together!

I love you sweet girl!
Mama

2 comments:

  1. A lot did happen this month! But you don't mention that she was in her first wedding or went to Disneyland or saw her auntie who she only has seen 3 times! I guess go-carting is more important;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe she is 9 months! I am sorry I missed the reunion! She is such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete